Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

So it took me a few days to finalize my list, but I have narrowed it down to these few goals for 2013.

Drink more water. I learned that you should drink 1 ounce of water for every pound you way. So, if you weigh 120 pounds, you should be drinking 120 ounces, or 15 cups of water a day (I'll be starting with 8 and working my way up!)

Exercise at least 3 days a week. In high school, I was an exercise fanatic- I played on a team for each of the 3 seasons, but once I stepped foot on campus I didn't go nearly as often. After my freshman year I felt unhealthy, so I went vegan (if you want to see what it's like to be a vegan, check out my vegan blog!)- this lasted about a year and a half. So for 2013, I want to take better care of myself; eat right, drink water, exercise. Baby steps!

Read a book. Any good suggestions? I've been looking for something else to do aside from watching TV or surfing the web when I'm bored.

Be more cultured. I've been living in Dallas for almost 3 years and I feel like I know nothing about it. It's time a visit a few museums and eat at some traditional Texan restaurants! Other than getting to know where I spend the most time, I want to speak more french, watch french movies and maybe even read a french book! I loved my french classes and my trip to France, and I want to bring the culture back into my life.

And last, but certainly not least, keep blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment