Sunday, January 20, 2013

Upcoming Spring 2013 Trends

I am SO excited about all of the new trends of 2013. I held off on getting too many clothes for Christmas because I wanted to wait until the new popular styles were set in to place. Here are a few that I love most so far- most spotted on the red carpet at the Golden Globes.

1. Light leather. As I mentioned earlier, I love that leather has become a recent trend. I bought a leather-like top that is made of really light material from H&M before I even heard about its upcoming popularity (very proud of myself- always thinking ahead!)

2. Boudoir. This means lacy, sheer fabric. Let it show a hint of skin! I love this shirt because it shows off her arms, and also rocks the black and white trend!

3. Extreme structure. Look for origami-inspired, sharp lines, and A-symetirc styles.

Amy Adams looks stunning in her "architecture" inspired Dior dress. It's a great way to spice up a LBD.

Ciara worked this Givenchy dress at the Golden Globes, inspiring fashion gurus to catch on to this trend. 

4. Ruffles. Go big or go home. 
Jessica Biel clad in ruffles all over

5. Cool tones versus hot shades. For the cool tones, stick to emeralds, bright blues. These colors were seen a lot on the Spring 2013 runways of alice + olivia and Michael Kors. And as for the hot tones, go for tangerine, fuchsia, and hot red.

6. Gladiator boots. I recently flipped through the pages of this month's Harper's Bazaar and spotted J Lo in knee-high gladiator boots. Versace and Tom Ford worked this look into their Spring 2013 line. 

As seen on the red carpet on Anne Hathaway. (These are a little too scandalous for me!)

7. "Rib drift." Show off some skin this season! But follow along with Jason Woo's love of exposing skin in the rib-area. High waisted skirts and pants paired with cut off tops is a perfect combination for this trend.
Kristen Wigg shows off some skin at the Golden Globes. 

8. Black and white. Surprised? Not really. This trend has boomed since the beginning of the winter season. So why is it so great? Well, everyone can wear these colors- no matter what your skin complexion is, I guarantee you will look great in black and white (as long as you find the right piece for you!) It's interchangeable- you can easily mix and match, and it's highly likely that you have black and white pieces in your closet somewhere! This trend was seen all over Louis Vuitton's, Calvin Klein's, and Oscar de la Renta's runways.


Your turn: What trends are you most excited about for the spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment