Friday, December 28, 2012

Recap of Fashion Trends in 2012

2012 is coming to a close, so let's take a minute to review what the biggest trends were this year, and (importantly), which trends are here to stay.

1. Jean on jean
Never would I have imagined myself wearing jean material head-to-toe. But, I decided to jump on the band wagon and sport the look- and when I did, I grew to love it. This has been one of my favorite "out of my comfort zone" looks.


2. Polka Dots
This pattern reminds me of childhood... it was a great way to go back in time and recall some of my fondest memories, while looking trendy at the same time.



3. Statement Pieces
A great way beautify an outfit. I am so bad at wearing jewelry, but when I have statement pieces displayed in my room, they were hard to miss. I would always remember to throw one on before leaving the house. 


4. Tangerine
I invested in a tangerine pair of heels the moment I heard this color was "in style." I love wearing them out to turn a basic outfit in to something more exciting.



5. Military
So I have owned a military-inspired jacket for a while, but it was never a go-to for me. But, this year, it became a more frequent piece in my ensemble as the temperature began to drop.




6. Leather- here to stay!
By far my favorite trend this year. Leggings, jackets, peplum tops, boots, you name it. 


7. Patterned pants
Love, love, love. I first saw them on Olivia Palermo on another blog and became obsessed. She is able to flawlessly wear different patterns together, and I envy her for that! I stuck with just the pants and solid color tops and shoes.


8. Embellishments
I started wearing embellished sweaters with jeans and flats to class... I found an embellished sweater that was so comfortable and easy to just throw on.

9. Peplum
Peplum is the perfect way to feminize any outfit. I love the sleeveless shirt, and if I could pull of a peplum skirt, I would love that too! 

10. Cap-toe
Whether it's flats, boots or heels, the cap-toe spices it up. My favorite look is the "metal" toe with a suede shoe. 

Your turn: What was your favorite trend this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment