Monday, December 31, 2012

Trip to the Met

The other night, I went to NYC with a friend to visit the Metropolitan Museum and go to a Nets game. I have never been to an NBA game, so that was such a fun opportunity.

The last time I was at the Met, I was in middle school for a field trip. This time, I went to the Andy Warhol exhibition, whom I learned about in my Art History class and came to love.

So why am I writing this post? I came across this interesting piece of art that reminded me of fashion. Although it was not by Warhol himself, it was a part of the exhibit because it was a piece inspired by him.


Sculptor Tom Sachs created what is known as the "Chanel Chainsaw" in 1996. The terrifying tool accompanied with the acclaimed fashion brand instantly drew my eye. I loved the tagline that was placed with the piece: "money, power, violence."

Some of my favorite pieces by Warhol at this exhibit:




One of the rooms' wall was covered in this pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment